Presenter: Sumathi Venkateswaran & Pam Waller
Participants will learn how to make CO2, H2 and O2 in syringes, then to combine Hydrogen and oxygen to prepare gaseous H2O.
Come expecting a hands-on workshop – this technique can be used to make a variety of gases for use in classrooms.
- It's fun and easy! Easy to learn how. Gases ready in 5 minutes!
- Great labs! Great demos! Students enjoy making gases.
- It's visual! Best way to 'see' a gas is to watch it being produced. It's microscale in terms of quantities, but large enough to see - 60 mL.
- It's inexpensive. A syringe of CO2 costs less than 1 cent to produce.
- It's green - little or no chemical wastes.